Chocolate muffin with honey
Ingredients for the chocolate muffin with honey
- 150 g red beans
- 100 g butter or coconut oil
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 150 ml bright flower honey
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 1 tl ground ginger powder
- 2 tl vanilla paste or aroma
- 4 eggs
- 100 g ground almonds
- 2 tl baking powder
- pinch of salt
Muffin plate for 12 muffins and paper baking molds
How do you make the muffins?
- Wash the red beans well and soak 8-12 hours in plenty of cold water.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the paper molds in the cavity plate cavities.
- Boil the red beans in clean water, without salt in 45 min. Check for doneness by tasting and boil a little longer if necessary.
- Put the butter and dark chocolate in a bowl and heat in the microwave at full power for 1 min. Stir through and set aside.
- Let the beans drain well in a ball sieve. Put them in the bowl of the food processor together with the honey, cocoa powder, ginger powder and vanilla. Puree in 2-3 min. To a fine mixture.
- Add 1 for 1 the eggs and mix them briefly.
- Add the almond flour, the baking powder, a pinch of salt and the melted butter-chocolate mixture to the bean mixture. Mix this together briefly into a thick batter.
- Divide the batter over the muffin molds and place the plate in the middle of the oven. Fry the muffins in 25 min. Brown and done. Check by inserting a wooden stick into it: it must come out dry.
- Allow the chocolate muffins to cool with honey on a rack.