Fresh green salad with pistachios and olives
What do you need? (4 persons)
- 300 g raw green lentils
- 2 limes
- 2 el extra virgin olive oil
- 60 g peeled pistachio nuts
- 1 hand fresh coriander
- 100 g green olives
- 2 el capers
- 75 g rocket
- salt and pepper to taste
What are you going to do?
- Rinse the green lentils well and put them in a medium-sized saucepan. Add 900 ml of hot water and boil for about 25-30 minutes until the lentils are al dente.
- Grate and squeeze the limes into a bowl. Add olive oil and some salt.
- Drain the excess water after boiling the lentils. Add the lime juice and olive oil to the pan with lentils and mix. Put the pan with lentils in the sink with a layer of cold water so that the lentils can cool to room temperature.
- Chop the pistachios coarsely and the coriander fine. Cut the olives in four and the capers very fine. Add ¾ of pistachio nuts, coriander, olives and capers to the pan with lentils and mix well.
- First divide the arugula over the four plates and then spoon the lentil salad over it. If necessary, season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with the remaining ingredients.