Chickpea quiche with pumpkin and feta
Ingredients for the chickpea quiche with pumpkin and feta:
- 250 g chickpeas
- 2 red onions
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 400 g pumpkin
- 4-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 125 ml cream fraîche
- 3 eggs
- 1 / 2 tl cayenne pepper
- 200 g feta
- 1 el butter, to grease the mold
- a handful of rocket
- dash of olive oil
- 1 role Aunt Fanny Fresh Quiche and Cake dough
How do you make the chickpea quiche with pumpkin and feta?
- Soak the chickpeas for at least 8 hours and then cook them for 1,5 hours. Check whether they are done by tasting one. Then pour them off and set them aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C above / under and remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut it into pieces. Chop the red onions and finely chop the garlic cloves. Fry the onion and garlic in the pan with a little olive oil. Then add the pumpkin cubes and fry them for 5 min. Add the thyme at the end and briefly fry it.
- Roll out the quiche and cake dough and remove the baking paper. Then put the dough in a greased form. You can also put the dough into the mold with the baking paper, greasing is not necessary.
- Fold the edge of the dough so that the edge becomes thicker. Divide the pumpkin mixture over the dough and scoop the chickpeas on top.
- Mix the crème fraîche with the eggs, cayenne pepper and some salt and pour over the chickpeas. Then crumble the feta above the quiche.
- Bake the quiche at the bottom of the oven for 45-55 min. Until it turns golden brown.
- Garnish the quiche before serving with arugula.
Tip: Do you want some extra spice in the quiche? You can also add fried bacon. Try goat cheese instead of the feta.
Source: Aunt Fanny