Lentil salad with goat cheese and egg
What do you need?
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 200 g green lentils (Du Puy)
- 2 boxes of quail eggs
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 leaves laurel
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- 75 g mixed leaf lettuce
- 2 shallots
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 paste goat cheese from 75 g (chevre blanc)
- 2 el chopped parsley
What are you going to do?
- Preheat oven to 220 ⁰C top / bottom heat (200⁰C convection oven).
- Cook the lentils with the thyme and bay in 25-30 for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, halve the cherry tomatoes and put them on the convex side in the oven dish. Sprinkle the tomatoes with 1 ½ tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast them in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Bring water with a dash of white wine vinegar to a boil in a saucepan. Poach the quail eggs in this.
- Mix the lettuce with half of the shallots, 3 el olive oil, 1 el red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Divide the salad over the dishes. Place a small slice of goat cheese on each plate.
- Cover the warm lentils with the rest of the olive oil and shallots, red wine vinegar and 1 el parsley and spread over the dishes.
- Put a poached quail egg on top and garnish with the tomatoes. Sprinkle some salt, pepper and the rest of the parsley over the tomatoes.