Lentil soup with cooking cream
Ingredients for lentil soup with cooking cream:
- 175 g red lentils
- 1 winter root
- 1 potato
- 1 large onion
- vegetable stock cube (for 1 liters)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 dash of cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tl cumin seeds
- 4 tl paprika
How do you make the lentil soup?
- Wash the red lentils with water and leave them in the colander until they are needed.
- Fry the finely chopped onion in some oil until the onion is translucent and add some salt.
- Add the garlic and heat the mixture for a few minutes.
- Add 1,3 liters of boiling water and mix.
- Cut the potato and the carrot into small cubes.
- Add the washed lentils, cubes of potato and carrot, paprika and the bouillon cube to the mixture.
- Let this whole, stirring occasionally, gently simmer in 45 minutes.
- Heat the cumin seed powder in another pan until you start to smell the cumin. Then add a dash of oil and the tomato paste.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes until it is a smooth mixture.
- Add the tomato paste mixture to the soup pan and mix it with a hand blender to form a smooth soup.
Serve the soup in a bowl with a dash of cream and some parsley over it. Tasty with dark multigrain bread.