Soup of gray pea and celeriac with golden onion
Ingredients for the soup of gray pea and celeriac with golden onion:
- 175 g gray peas
- 1 sweet potato about 225 g
- 1 sweet sour apple of choice, eg Jonagold or Elstar
- 1 celeriac 350 g clean weight
- 2 tl Chinese 5 herbal powder
- 1,5 liter of vegetable stock, homemade or from tablets
- 2 onions
- 2 tsp turmeric
- a little olive oil to bake
- black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 / 2 bunch of curly parsley to garnish
How do you make the soup with gray peas?
- Wash the gray peas well and soak 8-12 hours in plenty of cold water.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into pieces. Peel the apple, remove the core and cut the apple into cubes. Then cut the celeriac into cubes.
- Take a generous soup pot and do the gray peas, sweet potato, apple, celeriac, the Chinese 5 spice powder and the stock and bring to the boil. Let this 45 - 60 simmer gently.
- While the soup is boiling you can prepare the golden onion.
- Peel the onions and finely chop them. Heat a good dash of oil in a frying pan. Fry the onion gently, add the turmeric and ground pepper and scoop regularly. Let 15 minus gently until the onions are tender and golden, season with salt.
- If the soup has cooked 45 minutes, check that the celeriac is cooked. Cook a little longer if necessary. Puree the soup into a tied whole with a hand blender. There may certainly be some structure in it. It is a fairly thick soup, if necessary, dilute to taste with some broth.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Pour the soup into plates or bowls and place a large spoonful of the golden onion in the middle of the soup. Sprinkle generously with parsley.